Sunday, June 5, 2011

The pooch

Even though it's been a month, I'm still in a little bit of denial about this.
But we have a dog now.
Matt has always wanted a dog. He'd bring it up now and then, but we'd come to an agreement that our location right now wasn't the best for one. Then a friend at work told Matt about how the mom of 10 little yellow lab puppies had gotten hit by a car and now they had 5 of the puppies and were bottle feeding them so they'd live....I'm sure you can imagine how this sob story was brought home to me. So for 6 weeks this friend would ask Matt every day if he was going to take one of them. We could never agree. But as you can see, in the end we decided to get one. There were a lot of stipulations, and so far Matt has held up to every one of them. He asks me all the time why I don't like the dog. Really, I don't hate the dog, but I don't love it either. I'm pretty much indifferent. But anyway, the dog is Mia. She's part of our life now, so I figured I should introduce her.

Johnny is learning how to deal with a sometimes hyper and nippy puppy...

Yah, I guess that's one way to deal with it. Ü
But he loves her none-the-less. Especially taking her for walks with Dad. I don't know why I haven't gotten a picture with Matt and the dog yet. He's the one that loves her to death, so we'll definitely have to do that.
She is a good little dog. Haven't heard her bark once yet. Hope that trait sticks...
So soak in that cute, puppy face. She's going to be full grown before we know it!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new addition to your family :P I esp love the picture of Johnny sitting on the puppy.

    ReplyDelete