Wednesday, August 22, 2012

August 21st

August 21st was President Monson's birthday. We had read about it in the Friend at the beginning of the month and saw that they had this recipe for a cake that his mom always made for him for his birthday. So we decided we would make it on his birthday too. Hopefully Gladys Monson is proud somewhere and wasn't just giggling at my attempt...Either way, it was delicious and the kids loved making the different colors! Happy Birthday Pres. Monson! We are so grateful for your service and example!


 Matt was working on this beauty while I was baking. During the kids nap time, I came out to be his apprentice and even power drilled some screws in myself. That's right baby! Ü But really, I was mostly used as a weight while he sawed and placed boards. I'm okay with that though. All the glory goes to my most deserving and skillful husband. He's such a stud! And now we don't have a ghetto, wirey blockade to keep the dog from getting up on our steps. One house project off the never-ending list! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment