Saturday, July 2, 2011

Look Who's 3!

Johnny had been faithfully watching his birthday get closer and closer on the calendar since before my birthday in March. He LOVES when it's someone's birthday and couldn't wait for it to be his. Luckily we knew just what to get him since he'd also been talking for months about having a train. Does it look like he was a little bit happy about it? Ü
So of course he also wanted a train cake. I'm no professional, so I'm glad it turned out somewhat decent. He loved it, and that's all I was going for...
He had these same "birthday balloons" last year and enjoyed them so much that we got them again. He carried them around on his arm for hours.
Here's my big boy at the little party we had for him that evening. I have to point out his green shirt, the green piece of cake he chose, and the green ice cream he asked G&G Randall to make. The kid loves green, can you tell? Oh yes, and the train conductor hat adds a nice touch as well.
We just LOVE having Johnny in our home. He is constantly amazing us with the things he learns. He's a buddy to his daddy, a helper to his momma, and a protector of his sister. He's cautious by nature, but as fun and silly as a 3 year old gets. I'm still trying to get over the fact that it was 3 years ago already when he joined Matt & I and made us a real family. There's just nothing that can describe that love and we sure can't wait to keep watching him grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment