I have to point out Johnny's creative way of moving that he's figured out. No, that would not be crawling. However, he can now get from point A to point B! That's exciting no matter what the method! :) He stays sitting on his bum and pulls himself forward with his heels. (Thanks to our hardwood floors...) This happened out of frustration one night when he wanted to be where we were SO BAD. By the next day, he'd figured out to use his left hand to help push himself along a bit faster. Now a week later, it's not like he's super speedy, but if wants to get to you or something else bad enough, he can! If he can't by walking along something, then he's even sat down a few times and started "scooting" until he can. He's so proud of himself at times, it's hilarious. I knew he'd enjoy this new freedom, but I know he
isn't enjoying the fact that I now find him places he isn't suppose to be and move him. Unfortunately I can foresee that saying "no" is going to be much more frequent than before. But we've even gotten him to try standing in place without any help now and then. As of right now though, that really seems to scare him. He's getting braver all the time however. I had started to assume that he wouldn't walk until he was 16 months, just like his Dad. But lately he's picking up the pace. Maybe he'll do one or two months better. ;)
Shad used to walk on his knees til he was 17 months old. Chloe was 16 mo. and gracie was 14. it's all good. :)
ReplyDeleteyippee for movement! i'm sure he's much less frustrated! love you!
ReplyDelete