Friday, August 12, 2011

The wind is just right

Yesterday we were driving in the car and Johnny randomly announced: "The wind is just right for flying a kite." We're not sure where he got that from since we've actually never flown a kite with him. But thanks to Grandma Bell, we happened to have a kite that she gave to us awhile ago but had forgotten about. And Johnny was right, the wind was just right for kite flying! We had so much fun.




Doesn't it just make you want to go out and buy a kite? Ü I don't know about you, but it had been years since I'd ever flown a kite. It brought back some great childhood memories of flying Sesame Street character kites out in the fields.

Lydia enjoyed watching the kite fly too.
(As a side note...yes, our baby girl has her entire right leg in a splint. Naturally, there's a story that goes along with that. But since it involves some large emotions of guilt for mom, I think I'm going to wait until things are back to normal before I recount it.)

1 comment:

  1. Cute Pictures!! Sorry about Lydias leg. Ouch!! She doesn't look too upset though!

    ReplyDelete