Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Squirrely Tale

So last Thursday night we were all asleep when I was awakened by some rustling and occasional thumps on our window. It was midnight, so needless to say I was a bit frightened and woke Matt up. Naturally, he didn't hear anything at first and thought I was crazy. But once he heard it too, it pulled up the blinds to look in the window well. He was pretty sure it was only a squirrel and left to go see. He was gone quite awhile. I guess because after he saved it, it fell back in again. But the next morning, it was still in our yard and looked like just a baby who was quite lost and confused and/or hurt. We ran some errands that day, but when we came back it was still around. So of course the boys had to catch it and play with it and feed it. Eventually that night it ran off, but Matt & Johnny enjoyed their pet squirrel while he graced us with his presence. I'm sure it's out running around with the bazillion other squirrels in our back yard now--staying quite clear of midnight strolls near window wells. Ü



1 comment:

  1. Darn! If I had only known I would've made you keep it so that I could use it in my preschool lab since I'm teaching on squirrels.

    ReplyDelete