Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Oh, to be 5!

The event of the year (in Johnny's mind) finally arrived! He had a birthday and now he's 5!
 
He was so excited that I found a Mario balloon for him.
 
You see, in our home, Mario is quite the celebrity right now. Even though this picture is blurry, I love it because they are both staring, with mouths wide open, at the wall stickers of Super Mario that will soon be in their room. "No way Mom!"

Johnny's finished decorating skills.
 
 
With some of his other presents.
We thought we'd introduce Legos to him, but didn't expect how much he'd love them. A friend happened to give him a set as well. We built two cars with him on his birthday and ever since he's been building 2-3 different cars a day without any help. Even though I'd rather not have tiny lego pieces everywhere already, I'm so happy that we found something new that he loves! Ü
 
 
His new scooter--GREEN of course!



Since I'm not cool enough to make a Mario cake, we compromised with a frog cake this year. Frogs are a close favorite to Mario
after all... 


Happy birthday wishes to our big 5 year old!
We're so proud of Johnny and love having him in our home! He is so fun, smart, and thoughtful. 5 years ago he made me a mom and time has gone by way too fast. Though I don't tell him, I already get so sad thinking about sending my little buddy to school in only a couple of short months. I know he's going to do amazing, but I will miss him during the day! Love you Johnny!
(But could you slow down on the growing up thing?!)


No comments:

Post a Comment