Monday, February 18, 2013

Exploring just a bit

We took a trip up to Medford, Oregon one Saturday. It was such a pretty drive! That huge, white-capped mountain is called Mount Shasta. It's the tallest mountain around here and we got to drive right by it on our way.

Some new friends watched our kids so we could do a temple session at the Medford temple. It's one of the smaller one's, but of course, still so beautiful. It was a great day trip and certainly won't be our last up that way.

This last Saturday we went in search of some waterfalls at a nearby National Recreation area. This picture makes this one look small, but it was much bigger than it looks. It was sooo pretty.

We just love the way this shot turned out of our little cuties
in front of it!

Then we went off the beaten trail and climbed over some rough terrain to see another waterfall up a bit further. Johnny called these rocks a jungle gym.

Here is what we found!
Matt took it a bit further and climbed up to stand "on top" of it,
as you can see...

It was a good little first time hike for our little hikers (with a paved path and everything). But there's a handful more waterfalls to search out in that place, so we'll be going back for sure. I love waterfalls!

"Easy" or not, it plain tuckered out our little man.
 (Which is very hard to do these days!)

3 comments:

  1. What the?! I didn't know you guys were moving!! Yay for visiting Medford, that's where Sean and I were married! Congrats on the big changes! I hope you guys are doing good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm dying!!! I'm so envious! Dan and I have been curious about the geography of your new home. What's the name of your city? We want to look it up!

    ReplyDelete