Friday, December 2, 2011

I Did It!!!

I do NOT like talking about myself on our blog. I have a personal journal for such things. However, I've accomplished a goal that I'm so stoked about that I have to share. Perhaps something I used will help someone else. Who knows?
I've set out to lose weight several times, but the only time I've reached my goal was that pre-wedding time. (I'm assuming I'm not the only one who did that.) After Lydia weaned herself from me this last summer, I was so sad about it. But after a couple of weeks I realized that I now had a chance to go after some weight loss with nothing holding me back. Suddenly I was excited! So the beginning of August I set out to lose 10 lbs. Surely the details can't be exciting to anyone but me, so I just want to give a "thanks" to what helped me reach my goal:
 The Wii Active
It wasn't a huge contributing factor. Some things about the program bug me, but it still gave a pretty good workout and added some variety during my week. Johnny liked to do the sports and running with me.

Holy smokes, these workouts rock!
(And I look just like her now too. HaHa...I wish!)
I use to only do this video once a week, but recently I've done each of the 3 workouts during my week and I know it's made a big difference in making the last push for the weight loss goal. They're perfect for having the kids around too since they only take 30 minutes. Usually I can get atleast one workout a week where I don't have an extra 20 lb. weight (Lydia) on top of me while I'm doing abs. Ü

Oh Zumba, how I love thee! Ü
I can't explain how I've missed the dancing I use to do in high school. This has been so much fun for me. It's the one day a week I get to get out of the house for my workout and have someone else watch my kids while I get jiggy with it. Ü It's a super tough workout and so much fun at the same time!

Wii fit has a lot of fun games, but I don't use it for a workout. I use it for my weekly weigh in. Thanks to Johnny, he makes sure we both "weigh" when we get home from Zumba. That's also a first for me. We've never had any desire to own a scale, so it was interesting to track my ups and downs. 

Melaleuca has some crave-blocking bars that are awesome to help me go between meals when I have snacky days. They also have amazing workout bars that have totally helped with fat burning and muscle toning. They taste like candybars too. Definitely a plus!

These boys!
Johnny caught on to my daily exercise routine quickly and was soon picking up his toys for me off the rug when I said I was getting ready to exercise. And Matt, well, he's a great cheerleader. He could easily rub in, or even bring up, the fact that he could lose the same amount of weight in half the time (darn guys!), but he never does. He's happy for me and realizes that this is important to me and can see how I feel much better about myself. Love him!
That's the spill. I've always loved learning about our bodies and I just think it's so awesome be able to push them to the limit and see how they adapt. Super cool stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Great job, Bekah!!! I'm SUPER proud of you! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! I have the 30 Day Shred and it's a killer! You must be feeling great.

    ReplyDelete