Saturday, January 29, 2011

Fighting the Winter Lock-In

Having a newborn during the winter months can sometimes make you feel like you're spending just A BIT too much time inside doing the "same old". So for just as much our sakes as Johnny's, we've tried to be a little more fun on some days...

Johnny has discovered that playing outside during the Winter can be fun. But also "freezing", as he calls it. He never lasts long, but he loves sledding down hills, being pulled by Dad on the sled, and making snow angels.

We took him bowling for the 1st time. I think he was a bit surprised how different it was from the Wii. haha But he loved his orange ball and seeing the pins fall down. We'll definitely be doing that again.

Bedtime stories.
This is a usual, but it's a special family time of day. Johnny often asks to "hold" Lydia while Dad is reading to him.
Have I mentioned lately how much I love these two cuties???

Being silly with his tunnel. He thinks it's funny to run around while inside it. And when daddy runs around inside it...and mommy runs around inside it....Ü
Speaking of silly...
We were playing hide and seek, and after quite awhile we were sure having to get creative with our hiding spots since there just aren't that many choices. Obviously, I shouldn't encourage this type of behavior for my 2 year old, but I was getting desperate!!! Matt was cracking up over it, but Johnny was pretty concerned about how come his mommy was on top of the fridge...

No comments:

Post a Comment