Monday, June 22, 2009

1st Birthday!

I've always loved birthdays, but it wasn't until the day before Johnny's birthday that it dawned on me why birthdays really are so great. I mean, I was beginning to question myself for having a party for our 1 year old who wouldn't even remember it. But let me tell you that I'm going to be celebrating June 20th every year because it's the day that brought me my sweet little boy! (And the memories of that day sure did come flowing back!) It truly is a day worth celebrating and one that makes me extremely happy! And it took becoming a mom to understand that. So birthdays are even better than they were before, and we certainly had a fun time for Johnny this year, with a duck cake, homemade ice cream, presents, and family. We LOVE our Johnny Nyle and all that he's brought us this last year! Mom & Dad are just having a hard time believing that it's been a year already! Oh, and in case you wanted a status update on the crawling thing--it didn't happen by his 1st birthday. But like my Dad said, with enough luck he should be able to walk to kindergarten. ;) Let's cross our fingers for that one...

Loving the presents

Putting his age where his mouth is

Not now Mom! Can't you see I'm eating cake?

2 comments:

  1. I love the look on his face as he is diving into his present. It's crazy how fast they learn where the goods are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Johnny! I hope you had a great 1st birthday!

    ReplyDelete